Visit the office of your Home Owners Association, meet with a Board Officer and ask your questions about the neighborhood of Forest Hill. You can also pick up Standards applications or other information.
14900 Private Dr, East Cleveland, OH 44112
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Date: November 10, 2016
Forest Hill Home Owners, Inc.
Annual Meeting of Members
(Every homeowner in the neighborhood is a member.)
Thursday November 10, 2016 7:00PM-9:00PM
McGregor Home 14900 Private Drive East Cleveland, OH
Our speaker this year, Sally Levine, is a visiting faculty associate in CWRU University's Center for Health and Aging, and a lecturer in the master’s program at the Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Planning at Cleveland State University, and a board member of the Institute for Human Centered Design. She will speak on Aging –in-Place and Universal design.
1. Sally Levine to speak about Universal Design and Aging-in Place
2. Voting by Members to approve the Trustee slate (names on back)
3. FHHO financial report
4. President's message
5. Open forum
6. Election results
2017 Trustees Slate
- Dean Sieck - Bolton
- Sue Maier - Blackmore
- Jeff Duber - Brandon
- Trina Prufer - Brewster (Henley to Mt. Vernon)
- Lynn Haney - Brewster (Mt. Vernon to Lee)
- Melissa Carr - Brewster (Northvale to Henley)
- Grace Bailey - Burlington (Lee to Monticello)
- Rosanna Sprague - Burlington (Monticello to Mayfield)
- Gloria Strong - Carver
- Dorothy Rambo - Chelsea (Forest Hills to Hereford)
- Marty Golnick - Chelsea (Newbury to Forest Hills)
- Frank Ricchi - Cleviden (Brewster to Newbury) & Walden (north of Forest Hills)
- Hester Lewellen - Eastwick & Walden (south of Forest Hills) & Mt. Vernon (Eastwick to Forest Hills)
- Marsha A. Cappy - Fenemore
- Hattie R. Helm - Forest Hills (Lee to Monticello)
- Les Jones - Forest Hills (Monticello to Mayfield)
- Diana England - Glynn
- Pete Grebus - Henley
- Jan Milic - Hereford (Monticello to Rumson)
- Gwendolyn Bennett - Hereford (Northvale to Monticello)
- David Ward - Hollister
- Kate Lewis - Kew
- Bennanye Brooks - Lee (Burlington to Brewster)
- Dorothy Broz - Mayfield
- Betsey Kaufman - Monticello (Lee to Forest Hills; even home numbers)
- Nate Wright - Monticello (Lee to Forest Hills; odd home numbers)
- Mary E. Rice - Monticello (Rutherford to North Taylor)
- Elois Malone - Mt. Vernon (Northvale to Glynn)
- David Richardson - Newbury (Forest Hills to Brewster)
- Patricia Ortez - Newbury (Forest Hills to Monticello)
- Judy Charlick - Newbury (Monticello to Mayfield)
- Sue Kenney - Northvale (Walden to Mt. Vernon) & Mt. Vernon (Northvale to Forest Hills)
- Jeff Dross - Northvale (Mt. Vernon to North Taylor)
- Jimmy Van Hoose - Oakhill
- Christopher Hubbert - Rumson (Burlington to Westover)
- Donna Kolb-Jones - Rumson (Newbury to Burlington)
- Sharon M. Collins - Rumson (Westover to North Taylor)
- Eileen Smotzer - Rutherford
- Anthony Rupcic - Seaton
- Linda Johnston - Westover
- Kesha Owens - Wyatt
Forest Hill Home Owner elections for the upcoming year are always held at the Fall Trustee meeting in September. This year that meeting is coming up on September 15.
The six offices that will be voted on by the Trustees at that time are:
Chairman of the Board, President, Senior Vice President, VP for Membership, Secretary, and Treasurer.
The current officeholders are:
Chairman of the Board: Christopher Hubbert
President: Pete Grebus
Senior VP: (vacant)
VP for Membership: Mary Rice
Secretary: Joyce Rothenberger
Treasurer: Tony Rupcic
Chris, Pete, Mary, and Tony have expressed a willingness to stay on and will receive a nomination. Joyce has said she is ready to “retire.”
Brief descriptions of the duties of each office can be found in the Code of Regulations on line at - http://www.fhho.org/corporate-records
If you have suggestions or nominations or self-nominations for these or any of the other positions, please let one of of the Nominating Committee members know by phone or email. Or contact your Trustee. Please nominate only those people who confirm to you that they are willing to serve.
Hester: Phone: 216-333-5656. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan: Phone: 216-932-4658. Email: email@example.com
Dean: Phone: 216-932-6120. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hattie: Phone: 216-321-6193. Email: email@example.com
Nate: Phone: 216-932-1062. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition we will take nominations from Trustees from the floor. If there are two or more candidates for any office, the nominees will be asked to make a brief statement about their commitment to our organization and how they hope to meet the responsibilities of the office. There will be time allowed for dialog between the candidates and Trustees before the vote.
First Saturday at the Blue Cottage. Forest Hill Home Owners, Inc.
Stop by the Cottage this Saturday, July 2 and say hello to Les Jones, FHHO Trustee (Forest Hill Boulevard from Monticello to Mayfield).
Visit the Blue Cottage at the corner of Monticello and Lee Blvd. anytime between 10 am and 1pm on Saturday, July 2 for a chance to win a $5 Gift Card. Drawings will take place when ten or more visitors (excluding FHHO Officers) visit the Cottage on any first Saturday of the month.
Les Jones, longtime Forest Hill resident, FHHO Trustee for Forest Hills Boulevard (between Monticello and Mayfield), and editor of our quarterly newsletters, will be attending the Cottage between 10am and 1pm. Les attends Council meetings for both East Cleveland and Cleveland Heights and should be able to answer questions you may have regarding either city and Forest Hill.
Join FutureHeights for an interactive panel discussion: Rediscovering Our Neighborhood Business Districts.
Richey Piiparinen will facilitate a panel discussion on dynamic commercial districts with local community development experts Dione Alexander, President of Village Capital Corporation; Adam Rosen, Economic Development Director for Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization; Michael Fleming, Executive Director of St. Clair Superior Community Development Corporation; and Bob Brown, former Director of the Cleveland Planning Commission.
FutureHeights will share its recent accomplishments, including its community-building programs and new initiatives for commercial districts.
The event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required.
Facilitator Richey Piiparinen is a senior research associate at the Levin College at Cleveland State University, focusing on migration, demography, culture, and economic and community development. He is co-editor of the book Rust Belt Chic: A Cleveland Anthology and a blogger at HuffngtonPost.
Dione Alexander is President of Village Capital Corporation, the lending subsidiary of Cleveland Neighborhood Progress and a leading local community development financial institution which provides crucial funding to catalytic developments in Northeast Ohio, including Uptown in University Circle and Waverly Townhomes in Detroit Shoreway.
Adam Rosen leads the economic development and revitalization efforts for the retail districts in Cleveland's Detroit Shoreway Neighborhood. He manages commercial leasing for a portfolio of properties in the Gordon Square Arts District, recruiting new businesses and provideing technical assistance to existing ones.
Michael Fleming spent nearly a decade working as a chef in Boston, Miami Beach and Madrid, Spain, before returning to his hometown of Cleveland in 2004 to be a part of the city's revival. He now leads a team of dedicated professionals who are working to build a dynamic neighborhood around the many assets of the St. Clair Superior neighborhood.
Bob Brown has prepared comprehensive plans for cities and neighborhoods and written innovative zoning regulations on topics ranging from design review to urban agriculture.
Cleveland Heights City Council Meeting
Meeting is preceded by Council Committee of the Whole meeting at 6:15 p.m.
Cleveland Heights City Hall
40 Severance Circle