The inaugural “Fall for Forest Hill 5K” was a tremendous success!! Many thanks to all of our enthusiastic participants (nearly 100 runners and walkers of all ages!), amazing volunteers and generous sponsors. It was a gorgeous fall day and the park looked beautiful. Feedback has been extremely positive – everyone truly “fell” for Forest Hill. We are delighted to announce that this will be an annual event – stay tuned for the October 2017 date.
2016 Fall for Forest Hill Photo Gallery Coming Soon!
Fall for forest hill 5k run/walk
Race Day Check-In on Sunday, October 16, 2016 @ 7:00 a.m. Race Begins at 9:00 a.M. Walk Starts at 9:05 A.M.
Experience spectacular fall colors on a unique and scenic course winding through historic Forest Hill Park.
The inaugural Fall for Forest Hill 5K Run/Walk will take place Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 9:00am. The start and finish line will begin at Forest Hill Park, adjacent to the Cleveland Heights Community Center at 1 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016. Registration opens at 7:00 a.m. Race begins at 9:00 a.m. Walk starts at 9:05 a.m.
Where: Forest Hill Park, Picnic Shelter 2A & 2B. Parking lots located on Lee Blvd and Forest Hill Blvd. Both lots are North of Monticello and the Cleveland Heights Community Center (1 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio).
Pre-Registration & Registration Information:
- Race day check-in and start/finish is at Forest Hill Park, Picnic Shelter 2A & 2B.
- $20 - Early registration closes October 12, 6 p.m.
- $10 - Student (ages 11-17)
- In-person registration on Sunday, October 16, 7:00 a.m. at Forest Hill Park, Picnic Shelter 2A & 2B.
- Mail-in registration must be in by Wednesday, October 5, 2016. Please make checks payable to: FHHO, Inc. Mail to: Forest Hill Home Owners, Inc., Attn: Fall 5K, 2419 Lee Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118-1206
- Registration includes performance tee shirt.
5K runner awards include top overall female &male and the top overall female & male in each age category: 14 & under, 15-17, 18-24,24-34,35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65 and over (chip timed). Additional prizes for family fun runners and walkers!
Features: Race through scenic Forest Hill Park * One water stop * Refreshments and raffle following race * Parking available next to start and finish line * Awards * Wheelchair accessible * Race to benefit East Cleveland Parks Association
The race is stroller friendly and perfect for enjoying the fall foliage. Post race activities will include tours of several Forest Hill homes including an original Rockefeller home on the National Register of Historic Places.
For more information about participating in or sponsoring the race, contact the Fall for Forest Hill Race Organizers, Kate Lewis & Eileen Smotzer at: email@example.com.
ECPA is a non-profit, volunteer association working to maintain and improve the East Cleveland portion of Forest Hill Park.
To date, ECPA has performed over $400,000 of work in Forest Hill Park. Examples of our accomplishments in 2012 include:
- Building a new playground, with Jack and Jill of America, (that includes musical instruments).
- Rehabilitating 4 baseball fields with the help of East Cleveland School Board.
- Creating a new pond overlook by removing unwanted/unsightly brush and overgrowth, planting new flowering shrubs and installing a new picnic table, with the help of volunteers
- Repairing three tennis courts.
- Removing over 12 dead trees, with help of Metro-parks.
- Painting and repairing benches and bleachers.
- Installing a 600 foot underground electric line to provide electricity to the baseball announcer building.
- Planting 12 flowering trees by the pond
- Hosting 5 volunteer groups
- Supporting an archeological dig at Rockefeller home site
- As well as rescuing several abandoned animals.