Fall for forest hill 5k run/walk (USATF CERTIFIED Course)
Thank you for participating in the 2nd Annual Fall for Forest 5K on October 15. Your participation supports the East Cleveland Park Association, a non-profit, volunteer association working to maintain and improve the East Cleveland portion of Forest Hill Park.
Congratulations to all
The overall male winner was Gabriel Younker (20:43.1) and the overall female winner was Martha Brennan (23:14.6).
For more information about the race, contact the Fall for Forest Hill Race Organizers, Kate Lewis & Eileen Smotzer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECPA is a non-profit, volunteer association working to maintain and improve the East Cleveland portion of Forest Hill Park.
To date, ECPA has performed over $400,000 of work in Forest Hill Park. Examples of a few of our accomplishments include:
- Building a new playground, with Jack and Jill of America, (that includes musical instruments).
- Rehabilitating 4 baseball fields with the help of East Cleveland School Board.
- Creating a new pond overlook by removing unwanted/unsightly brush and overgrowth, planting new flowering shrubs and installing a new picnic table, with the help of volunteers
- Repairing three tennis courts.
- Removing over 12 dead trees, with help of Metro-parks.
- Painting and repairing benches and bleachers.
- Installing a 600 foot underground electric line to provide electricity to the baseball announcer building.
- Planting 12 flowering trees by the pond
- Hosting 5 volunteer groups
- Supporting an archeological dig at Rockefeller home site
- As well as rescuing several abandoned animals.